Chief Tamar S. Dennis is the Command Chief Master Sergeant,
460th Space Wing, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado. She is the
principle advisor to the wing commander on all matters affecting the
welfare, readiness, morale, training, professional development, and
proper utilization of 1,500 wing personnel, and supports 95 tenant
organizations comprised of 13,000 total force, joint service, and
coalition military and family members. She provides enlisted
leadership to the commander, as the wing delivers global infrared
surveillance, tracking, and missile warning to protect homeland and
Chief Dennis was born and raised in Montego Bay, Jamaica. She
immigrated to the United States in 1992 and entered the Air Force
in July 1994. Her background includes various duties within the
Security Forces Career field. She served as a Career Assistance
Advisor and held numerous leadership roles in garrison and in
deployed locations in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH,
ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to attending Air War College, she served as the
Commandant, Kisling Noncommissioned Officer Academy Kapaun Air Station, Germany.
2003 Bachelors of Science degree in Human Services, Wayland Baptist University, Plainview, Texas
2003 Principles of Instructions Course, Hickam, Hawaii
2004 Associates in Applied Science degree in Criminal Justice, CCAF
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2006 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2008 Master of Science, Criminal Justice, Critical Incident Management Concentration, Saint Leo, Fla.
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Professional Manager's Certification, CCAF
2016 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense & Business, Chapel Hill,
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint PME, Joint Knowledge Online (JKO)
2018 Master of Science in National Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Doctorate of Philosophy in Public Service, Leadership, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN 2018 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Chapel Hill, NC
2019 Keystone, National Defense University, Washington DC
1. Mar 1997 - Nov 1999, Security Forces Investigator, 72d Security Forces Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. Nov 1999 - Oct 2002, Security Forces Investigator, 48th Security Forces Squadron, RAF Lakenheath,
3. Oct 2002 - May 2003, Assistant Flight Chief, 15th Security Forces Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
4. May 2003 - Nov 2004, NCOIC, Reports and Analysis, 15th Security Forces Squadron, Hickam AFB,
5. Nov 2004 - Nov 2005, NCOIC, Investigation, 15th Security Forces Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. Dec 2005 - Nov 2007, Flight Chief 89th Security Forces, Squadron Andrews AFB, Md. (Nov 2006-
Jun 2007, deployed 586th Expeditionary Forces Squadron, Camp Bucca, Iraq)
7. Jun 2007 - Jul 2008, Superintendent Training, 316th Security Forces Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
8. Jul 2008 - Jan 2010, Superintendent Readiness, 316th Security Forces Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
9. Jan 2010 - Dec 2012, Career Assistance Advisor, 11th Force Support Squadron, JB Andrews, Md.
10. Apr 2013 - Apr 2014, Security Forces Manager, 51st Security Forces Squadron, Osan AB, Republic
11. Apr 2014 - Jun 2015, Security Forces Manager, 86th Security Forces Squadron, Ramstein AB,
12. Jul 2015 - Jul 2017, Commandant, Kisling Noncomissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station,
13. Jul 2017 – Jul 2018, Air War College/Annual Year 2018, Student
14. Jul 2018 – present, Command Chief, 460th Space Wing, Buckley AFB, Colorado
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters Air orce
Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1997 Senior Airman-Below-The-Zone, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1998 72 ABW Airman of the Quarter, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1998 Tinker AFB Airman of the Quarter, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1998 72 SFS Airman of the Year, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2003 15 SFS NCO of the 3d Quarter, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2005 Lance P Sijan Award, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
2006 Distinguished Graduate/Commandant’s Leadership Award, NCO Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2007 SNCO of the 2d Quarter, 316 SFS, Andrews AFB, Md.
2007 Staff SNCO of the Year, AFDW, Md.
2010 Distinguished Graduate, SNCO Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Professional Development Program of the Year, AFDW, Md.
2011 SNCO of the Year, 11 FSS, Andrews AFB, Md.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant- November 2013
(Current as of January 2019)