BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. --
Due to recent continuous decrease in COVID-19 cases in the surrounding local area, Buckley AFB will transition into the first phase of recovery actions. The previous Declaration of Public Health Emergency, which was renewed on 28 April 2020, remains in effect as well as the current Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie. Going forward, Colonel Devin R. Pepper, 460th Space Wing Commander has authorized no more twenty-five percent of non-mission essential personnel return to duty while still emphasizing maximum use of telework. All personnel will continue to be required to practice social distancing, good hygiene and appropriate mask wear. In addition to currently offered base services, the following services will be available on or shortly after 1 June:
· Barber Shop will open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Exchange Optometrist will open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Food Trucks outside of the BX will be available for carry out only.
Mission Support Functions
· Crested Butte Child Development Center will support children of non-mission essential personnel, effective 8 June 2020. Childcare will be available to those working that duty day. Parents must schedule in advance with Child Development Center and will be charged the daily rate. Children of mission essential personnel will continue using A-Basin child Development Center.
· Finance Customer Service will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. You can also schedule an appointment by calling 720-847-6416.
· Combat Arms Training and Maintenance will open as needed to meet mission requirements.
· Civilian Personnel Office will open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon by appointment only. Please call 720-847-6915.
· Information, Tickets and Travel and Outdoor Recreation will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please call 720-847-6100 for more information.
· FamCamp applications will be taken by Outdoor Recreation and approved on a case-by-case basis. Priority will be given to members PCSing in/out of Buckley.
· Fitness Center will be open to military service members only (Active Duty, Guard and Reserve) from Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Workouts will be limited to one hour and only 50 patrons will be allowed at one time. Locker rooms, restrooms, and water fountains will not be available for use. Additionally, only the front main entrance will be accessible, and masks must be worn at all times.
· Leadership Development Center will be open as needed to meet mission requirements.
· Panther Den will be open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for breakfast and lunch for carry out only.
· Weighted Airman Promotion System Testing: Testing for E-6/E-5 cycles will resume on 17 June.
· Youth Program Summer Camp will be open for dependents of mission essential personnel only and limited to 8 children. More details to follow. Open Recreation remains closed.
The 460th Space Wing leadership continues to partner with Team Buckley Leadership, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Tri-County Public Health Department, and local community and state leadership on the COVID-19 response. We will continue to closely monitor local conditions and adjust restrictions as appropriate. Thank you for your continued patience as we all work through these challenging times together.
To help with the prevention and spread of the virus, please continue to monitor these websites: